FlashPunk is a free ActionScript 3 library designed for developing 2D Flash games. It provides you with a fast, clean framework to prototype and develop your games in. This means that most of the dirty work (timestep, animation, input, and collision to name a few) is already coded for you and ready to go, giving you more time and energy to concentrate on the design and testing of your game.
◦ Framerate-independent and fixed-framerate timestep support.
◦ Fast & manageable rectangle, pixel, and grid collision system.
◦ Helper classes for animations, tilemaps, text, backdrops, and more.
◦ Debug console for real-time debugging and information tracking.
◦ Sound effect support with volume, panning, and fading/crossfading.
◦ Powerful motion tweening for linear, curved, and path-based movement.
◦ Z-sorted render lists for easy depth management.
◦ Simple keyboard and mouse input state checking.
◦ Quick & efficent particle effects and emitters.